shows 1 update when there are none.

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:14 PM
Edited Jul 31, 2015 at 11:21 PM
WUN keeps showing I update when windows update shows 0. Annoying, worked flawlessly until now. Using windows 8.1

Will this be fixed? Are these discussions even being monitored?
Aug 1, 2015 at 11:06 PM
Me too
Aug 2, 2015 at 8:53 AM
I also have this problem. Will there be a fix?
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2015 at 9:09 AM
Edited Aug 2, 2015 at 9:09 AM
This one update is shown because Windows Update treats the "Windows 10 Update Info" as an "update" internally (see KB 3012973).
The next version of WindowsUpdateNotifier will simply ignore this KB-Id...
Aug 2, 2015 at 12:17 PM
Ok, thanks for clarifying this issue. Waiting for the next version.
Aug 8, 2015 at 1:41 PM
When will the next version be released? On the download page there are no planned releases listed
Sep 2, 2015 at 8:16 PM
Edited Sep 2, 2015 at 8:29 PM
It would be nice if this could be fixed. It's a bit confusing when WUN is saying one thing and WU another. Since WUN uses the WU GUI to display the updates, there should be no discrepancy between the two. Seems like a minor update no?
Sep 5, 2015 at 8:57 AM
I have already asked but had no response. Could you please let us know when the next version will be released. There are still no planned releases listed on the download page.

If the update notifier has been abandoned could you please let us know.
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2015 at 11:58 AM
Hi, sorry for my delay, but I'm very bussy at work... so I had no time work on the WUN in the last month.
But I will release at least a bug fix version in the next two to three weeks.

I just want to check how usefull the tool can be for Windows 10. If it is, I will add offical support fo the OS. But as far as I can see the tool is not needed anymore as Windows 10 anyhow enforces the installation of updates (except some edition of the OS where you can delay the installtion of some updates). As long as it is not really possible to disable this behavior the tool might not be very usefull.