How to remove/uninstall?

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM
It might be useful to also shortly describe how to remove/uninstall the Windows Update Notifier. The Application ist locatet onDesktop Klick Start, Klick All Programms, Locate Autostart. Klick Autostart and move with the mouse Cursor to the program Windows Update Notifier, rightklick and go to delete klick.

(Reinstallation by doubleklicking the download with the language application Downstream in the Path. As described in the install section.)

The tool is very useful after the win7 feature has been destroyed and killed by recent win7security update, creating win10 free download feature.

I observe similar improvements needed as have been reportet in this discussion:
  1. After each Systemstart update runs and uses ressources. Once per day would be reasonable.
  2. After Startup reports always 1 Update or a number plus 1 respectively
Very nice and useful tool, good work, thanks a lot
Anton Schamböck, Switzerland
Sep 24, 2015 at 6:22 PM
Hello.

I have Windows 8.1 and I don't manage to update the program to version 1.5.0 and I don't know how to uninstall it.
Can you help me?

Thanks.
Oct 9, 2015 at 3:09 PM
How to Update to 1.5.0. First click Start, all programms look for autostart, in autostart you find the entry "Windows Update Notifier", if you rightklick properties you will find the Programm Location, where you have done the download. Delete the entry in autostart and if you like the old Version in the Download place. If you know the path to the download you may delete the old Version 1.4.x. Download the actual Version 1.5.0 to a Location, that you can find later. Extract the zip-file. Position the appropriate language file downstream in the path as described. Then doubleclick the downloaded notifier*.exe file. This will create a new entry in autostart and run the application at Startup Windows.

May be samone may explain how to update for Win 8.1. I use Win7, unfortunately I am not familiar with Win 8.1.